On brand with 2020, we welcome you to our reimagined jungle. We need your help now more than ever to grow our village of teachers, storytellers, artists, and healers that make up our SEAD ecosystem. Since 2011, we’ve been changing the way we do creative community building through language, storytelling, and gathering.
We need to raise $15,000 before 2020 is over.
With rising pandemic cases and increasing anti-Asian sentiments, our work is critical and in demand. As cultural organizers, we’ve pivoted to responding to our Southeast Asian diaspora communities during their greatest time of need through what we know and do best-- storytelling. Here’s a look at what we’ve done so far.
$15,000 goes towards growing and mobilizing our communities through strategy, content, illustration, and design of…
- In-language pandemic resources
- A storytelling game on unconventional and uncomfortable topics
- A mutual aid web app to get us through the pandemic
- Hosting more healing-centered community sessions and critical conversations
- Facilitating culturally and linguistically appropriate transformative justice trainings
Our impact so far...
- 300+ care packages to families
- 500+ masks and sanitizers to BIPOC organizations and community members
- $15,000+ financial aid to impacted youths and families
Some facts and highlights about SEAD’s work over the years...
- We’ve reached 3,000+ Southeast Asian communities with our storytelling work.
- We’ve gathered and amplified over 100 stories of historically invisible community voices with roots from Southeast Asia.
- Our programs have had 500+ participants.
- Our latest book has sold over 800 copies and is at every major bookstore.
Are you up for the village challenge?
This year’s theme is the reimagined jungle that makes our ecosystem and people, like you, who make it possible. We invite you to join in the #RaiseOurRoots movement by donating to our work so we can keep thriving.
RSVP to SEAD’s Raise Our Roots LIVE!
Take a tour of our jungle. Gather for our 4th Annual Raise Our Roots event on Friday, December 4th from 6-7:30pm via Zoom + Facebook Live. Event details here.
Want to be a sponsor or vendor? Email email@example.com.
Donate to SEAD
Contribute with dollars, your time, or an in-kind donation and share our campaign with your friends and family to do the same.
Volunteer with SEAD
The pandemic isn’t over and we could use all the help we need with our work. Reach out to Katherine Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southeast Asian diasporas growing social empowerment ecosystems through cultural organizing, critical language, and just storytelling.
- Did you know Minnesota is home to over 100,000+ active and thriving Southeast Asian communities? More than 60,000 Hmong; 25,000 Vietnamese; 12,000 Lao; 8,000 Khmer.
- SEAD is the only Southeast Asian-centered nonprofit organization based in Minnesota that was founded in 2011 by a refugee woman and led by a staff and board that is made up of 100% Southeast Asian leaders.
- We have cultural literacy programs in Hmong, Khmer, Lao and Viet that are offered every Spring and Fall.
- We work with a team of linguists, scholars, designers, healers, artists and storytellers.
All donations are tax-deductible. Our EIN is 47-4088420. Join the movement by using #RaiseOurRoots and follow us on social media and our website www.theseadproject.org.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for all inquiries.
Future Ancestor Box + Digital Portrait Sketch
(dry goods, activities, meal kit, candle, beanie, mask, tote, sanitizer, digital portrait sketch)
Future Ancestor Box
(dry goods, activities, meal kit, candle, beanie, mask, tote, sanitizer)
Cultural Ambassador Box
(beanie, mask, tote, sanitizer)
Creative Ally Digital Box
(optional digital SEA comfort food and drink recipes + ABC’s of social justice)
“Your Name” Digital Postcard
+ any amount without goods - our gratitude on social media!