Celebrate The SEAD Project’s birthday and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with #SEAusBloom! Our work is for, by, and with Southeast Asian diaspora communities. This year, we’re launching the Blooming SEADs Circle, a monthly donor program to help build the next five years of Southeast Asian culture, just storytelling, and social change.
With our goal of 100 monthly donors, we can start a movement rooted in SEA languages, voices, and stories. Join the movement and help us bloom!
Why are we starting the Blooming SEADs Circle?
The past year has widened the disparities faced by Southeast Asian diaspora communities. As we’ve responded to crisis after crisis, we saw our communities get left behind. We’re committed more than ever to fighting the systemic injustices that are hurting our communities. Your monthly support allows us to expand our work and rapidly respond to the issues that matter the most to our communities.
Your commitment supports:
- Heritage literacy through Hmong, Khmer, Lao, and Vietnamese language, culture, and history courses, workshops, and toolkits.
- Just storytelling projects that increase Southeast Asian representation and push for social change.
- Fair and equal wages for our Southeast Asian instructors, facilitators, and creatives’ wealth of expertise and knowledge.
- Translation resources that respond to the critical needs of our community, empower agency, and spark dialogue.
- Cultural organizing work that builds intergenerational, multi-ethnic, and cross-racial solidarity.
- The next generation of Southeast Asian emerging leaders through social empowerment.
- And most importantly, day-to-day operations including fair wages for staff that keep the work moving forward.
Sustaining Donor Levels
Share Our Donation Link
Add our donation link (bit.ly/seausbloom21) to your bio and direct others to it.
Post On Social Media
Tag Your Friends
Tag your friends and family in your post and nominate them to donate and share as well.
Celebrate With Us
Celebrate with SEAD at our SEAusBloom Birthday Bash on May 20th. RSVP here.
Join the Blooming SEADS Circle
Become a monthly sustaining donor and help us bloom by making a donation today.
Make a one-time donation
Not ready to be a monthly donor? We love one-time donations, too!
Growing social empowerment ecosystems through cultural organizing, critical language, and just storytelling. Learn more about our impact this past year here.
OUR PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
- SEA Roots: Heritage Languages in Hmong, Khmer, Lao & Viet
- Teaching cultural literacy workshops in Hmong, Khmer, Lao & Viet.
- Planting SEADS: Storytelling for Change
- Collecting, publishing and holding space for SEA stories to amplify, mobilize and heal.
- SEA Change Lab: Emerging Diaspora Development
- Growing social empowerment and leadership in SEA diaspora on SEA issues.