Vietnamese Senior Care Center
The Vietnamese Senior Care Center is committed to providing the best service possible for our participants in order to improve their quality of life. It is the intention of VSCC to create an area and atmosphere for our participants to feel like they are in their homeland, even as they try to adjust to life in the United States of America.
Adult Day Care: services include individual assistance for clients who need translation services, help with paperwork, or referrals to mainstream social services.
- Transportation: VSCC picks up clients from their home and bring them to our center. After they enjoy their day, they are brought home. Clients are given the opportunity to shop at local stores, farmer’s markets, and the food shelf. Transportation is also provided for all prearranged field trips.
- Socialization: Clients enjoy conversation, sharing personal activities, and watching current events on the TV together. They also like to share meals, play games, and have group exercise sessions.
- Instruction: Clients learn the “how to”s of daily life in their community. This important information helps them become more independent, so they can manage their lives for themselves, stay in their own home longer, and feel more self-sufficient. Instruction can be in group sessions, or one on one
- Meals: Two nutritious meals are served every day. Our meals are designed by our registered dietitian and posted for our client’s convenience. Hot meals are catered by UGarden, and meet strict guidelines required by our food license from the state of Minnesota.
- Exercise: In addition to daily group stretching exercises, we offer cardiovascular exercise machines for the convenience of our clients.
Rest: There is a resting area for our clients to take a quiet break from other activities.
Personal Care: Our clients enjoy massages, foot spas, nail work, and haircuts.
- Fun: We have a variety games for our clients to enjoy while at the center.
The following services are provided by Vietnamese Senior Care Center (VSCC):
- Health monitoring and wellness education
- Daily exercise program, and relaxing room
- Action and recreational games
- Music, entertainment, television, and computer workstations
- Nutritional breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Assistance with personal paperwork to maintain client benefits
- Individualized program of client services
- Foot spa, beauty and barber services
- Onsite food shelf pick up
- Shopping at grocery and oriental stores
- Field trips to parks, museums, and historical sites
- Flu shots; and client prescriptions can be delivered to the Center
- Birthday Celebrations for Participants